Ohio Desk was originally founded as Ohio Desk and Chair Company in 1908. By 1918, the firm acquired its current name and moved to its present location at 1122 Prospect Avenue under the ownership of Albert Bigalke.
Ohio Desk became a Steelcase dealer in 1927, and in 1947 joined Stow and Davis Furniture Company to form the Executive Furniture Guild – the first nationally organized effort to provide color coordinated interior elements and design to corporate clients.
Through the 1960’s, Ohio Desk primarily sold desks, chairs and files to the Cleveland, Ohio market area. In the 1970’s, Ohio Desk began supplying and installing systems furniture which provided workplace flexibility. In the 1980’s, Ohio Desk began offering services such as cleaning, fabric protection and short-term furniture rental. By the 1990’s, Ohio Desk had become a provider of integrated interiors, including carpet and hard surface flooring, floor-to-ceiling walls and raised floors.
Today, Ohio Desk has expanded geographically into the Akron, Canton, Warren, Youngstown and Erie, Pa. markets, and also added technology products such as Room Wizard and interactive white boards to its product offerings.
Under David B. Humphrey’s leadership, Ohio Desk is fulfilling its vision of becoming a regional integrated interiors company.
We make it easy.